Monday, February 5, 2018

Eco-dyed ZIAs with more colors

Eco-dyeing results largely in a variety of brown tones. Onion skins offer yellows and oranges. Rusty metal in the dye bath gives charcoals and even blacks. Occasionally I luck into some faint colors; I'm still figuring out the how and why of that.

But color can be added afterwards with paint, ink, or pencils. Here are some pieces where I've done just that.

"My Home"
8"x5.5"
This is the 'picture' part of a two page piece; the other page is text.

"Glorious Morning"
7"x4.75"

"Dew on Peonies"
8"x5"

"Single Iris"
8.5"x5.5"

"Fiddleheads"
8"x5"

9 comments:

  1. Margaret, how you coax form, color, and tangle from your dyed paper is simply creative genius. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adele! I enjoy trying to see things in splats and squiggles. :)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely stunning...as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Adele! And I especially love it when you also post photos of the paper before you began your magic. ;) These are absolutely stunning!! I would love to sit quietly at your elbow and observe your process ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret, these are absolutely magnificent!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving all of your eco-dyed pieces! Each one is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these pieces are little jewels. It is fantastic to see how you can mix different techniques with each other to form those unique work. I'm grateful you share so much with us. Thank you. We all learn from you.

    ReplyDelete