Saturday, September 30, 2017

'Crazy' 'Nzeppel

(That's a lot of apostrophes!)

When I first watched the video of Molly Hollibaugh demonstrating 'crazy' 'Nzeppel I thought it was about the shading. I never shade it that much. But when I read the DivaCZT's challenge this week, I realized that it was about the random nature of the lines. Like the Diva, I almost always do 'Nzeppel that way, so it doesn't strike me as crazy! (To watch the video go to the end of this post.)

I love adding a floating Cubine square.
Tangles: Beadlines, Cubine, Knase, 'Nzeppel, Zonked 
At first I thought this was going to be a Star of David comet, but now it seems to be a weird flower. I did 'Nzeppel's initial lines in pencil, then drew the shapes.
Tangles: Ennies, Jonqal, 'Nzeppel, Paradox, Pearlz,
Tipple, Zonked and a Tripoli triangle.
Three large Crescent Moons and a lot of Rounding.
Tangles: Crescent Moon, 'Nzeppel, and Rounding
 Last, I used Sue Clark's tri-shape string idea. (I almost always like the results when I use this.)
Tangles: Cubine, Knase, Knightsbridge, 'Nzeppel,
Paradox, Seljuk, Tortuca and Rounding

Here's the video of Molly demonstrating this variation of 'Nzeppel:

7 comments:

  1. All tiles a beautiful. I also like your floating cubine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, I'm glad I was able to get to your post this week (sometimes I just run out of time to view everyone's). Your work is always creative and unique. Right up my ally :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Margaret, I only 'nzeppel crazy style! I am in love with your approach to composition, and the sharp definition of your technique. You inspire!

    ReplyDelete