Friday, July 3, 2015

Tipple monotangles

The challenge this week from the DivaCZT - who coined the terms monotangle and duotangle by the way - is a monotangle using Tipple. That is certainly a challenge. Only Tipple, which is essentially only a lot of circles.

Here's my first effort, using a string idea I've been having fun with lately (more on that in a later post).

I had a tile with a string already on it, a star that I'd made tracing a set of cookie cutters. It had sat around awhile because I couldn't think what would work with it. Aha! All Tipple!

I wanted to do another one, so I did, but I fear this has exhausted my repertoire of Tipple variations. I'll have to look at others' contributions on the DivaCZT's blog and get more ideas.

9 comments:

  1. I like all 3 of them however I think that I like the second one the best. Like all the variation in the size of Tipple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,,I had trouble thinking of one, never mind three! I too like the middle one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Tipple tiles are beautiful and have great compositions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful! So many variations of circles---who's have thought?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are stunning. They are also a wonderful example of what shading can do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! The last one is really calling out to me. I really like the sections that are mainly black with tipple in the center of them. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful variety of Tipple and ideally shading! All three are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete