Sunday, November 24, 2013

CZTs get together

A visit with Barb Round
Recently I took a little vacation to Vancouver where my eldest daughter and her husband live. I had e-mailed ahead to see if it might be possible to visit any of the B.C. C.Z.T..s while I was in the area, but most were not in the area I was going to be in. :P
One worked out, however, and I was able to have tea and a great chat with Barb Round while she was showing at an art and craft show in Victoria. I came close to meeting Marie Browning, but our last day on Vancouver Island filled up. Another time.
Barb's husband's hands and knees, Barb, me

A visit with Carol Graham and Laura Harms
Carol Graham of Winnipeg, newly minted CZT, contacted me recently wondering if it would be possible to get together with me and Laura Harms (everyone's favorite diva) when she was passing through Saskatoon. Well, yes! Here we are (thanks Laura for the photo).
Me, Laura, Carol
We met at Laura's and Carol brought us our choice of drinks from Starbucks. Laura thought we should all tangle. Well, yes! We each did four dots and passed it to the next person, drew a border line and passed it, did a string and passed it. Then we tangled one section and passed it along, and so on and so on and so on.  We each shaded one tile and initialed all the tiles. Here's what we did:
Then we turned them over, mixed them around and chose one. What a great morning! Here is the tile I got to keep:

11 comments:

  1. What a super idea, funnily, if I was to pick which one was the one you had done, it would be this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrissie, actually we all contributed to each tile. I did the two at the top; I know Laura did the lower left; I think Carol did the Crescent Moon; not sure about the rest!

      Delete
  2. Love being able to get together with other CZTs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea for a group to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was SO great to meet with you and Laura! What a wonderful community we are part of :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remind me what the tangle at the top left is called? I wanna give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, it's called Chebucto. You can see the step-outs here: http://enthusiasticartist.blogspot.ca/2011/09/chebucto-tangle-instructions.html

      Delete
  6. Gee, I am the first to comment.
    How fun to see Margaret together with Laura!!! Two familiar faces. And I get to meet Margaret myself in April at the Paradise Retreat! My daughter and I have signed up for the CZT seminar ... the second one in June 2014! We are so excited and are calling it our "hobbit adventure". We even have our flight booked! How's that for planning ahead. but I know the choices can fewer and fewer. Been there and done that. We fly Madison, WI to Providence. Neither are huge airports so we have a stop over in Detroit. I don't fly much so even THAT is an adventure for me!!! You three made terrific tiles! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wouldn't that be a fun project at a shower or party. It would break the ice.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete