Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Year of the Snake

I missed the Diva's weekly challenge but had done a snakey round tile while on holiday so I thought I'd share it with you. I used one of Zentangle's pre-strung Zendala tiles and made a few adjustments to the string before I began drawing in ink. In addition to the eight snakes with their heads in the center, there is an ouroboros intertwined among them around the edge. Being an unending line/circle it's symbolic of eternity.
Tangles: Black Pearlz, Hurly-Burly, Tipple, Xyp,
(plus dots, stripes, highlights, lines, etc.
)
Happy new year!


Oh, and by the way, I've turned the 'word verification' back on in my comments. I'm just getting too much spam. When I returned to internet access after two weeks I had 88 comments, at least three quarters of which were spam. Sorry. I wish I didn't have to do that.

7 comments:

  1. Margaret, this is just too awesome!!Love how you made all those snakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant depiction of the Chinese year of the snake, 2013, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate the time you take to link to the additional information - it's something that feeds my interest no end & I love to know what is behind artwork. I also wanted to let you know that I'm not going to manage CZT this year - my migraine control destabilised following a virus so it's not a practical venture now.
    I know what you mean about the Spam - I've had to restrict comments to only registered users & that seems to have solved it for the moment.
    Thanks again for all you do.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear that Paula, both the nix-CZT-seminar and the migraine recurrence. We just took a fairly expensive two-week holiday, and the 2013 seminars are all full, so I won't be going this year either. Later.

      Delete
  4. Your work is such a treat for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snake zendala is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete