Friday, November 25, 2011

AEDM #25 - Floatfest

Floatfest is one of Carole Ohl's delighful tangles. Her Unyun and Coaster are two of my favorites. I've shied away from Floatfest. I think I knew I'd have trouble with it! On my first try I kept confusing what was 'bands' and what was empty spaces. I filled some areas with black or Caviar to mask booboos. Shading helped with that too!

Tangles: Beelight, Caviar, Crescent Moon, Emingle,
Flukes, Floatfest, and a mystery tangle

On my second go I had better luck... no... I was more practised. I liked the ridge of black semi-circles and wanted to carry that around the entire center arc so I did a pseudo-Crescent Moon. I like how there seem to be two overlapping coccoon shapes, one more vertical in the lower right, the other more horizontal sort of center. I'm feeling a little more friendly with this tangle and will try it again!

Tangles: Black Pearlz, Chebucto, pseudo Crescent Moon, Floatfest

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding me. I had forgotten Floatfest and your tiles have such a happy look to them, I will give it another go.
    Love them both!

    ReplyDelete